Search Here To Find Out Anything Shortcut

Monday, May 25, 2009

Hollywood calling, again for Divya



Times Of India : Hollywood has come calling for Divya Dutta yet again.

After the international venture, Hissss, the actor has bagged another romantic comedy, Heart Land, directed by Fred Holmes of Forget Me Not: The Anne Frank Story and children’s TV series, Barney & Friends fame. Shot in Dallas and Texas, USA, since April 28, the unit is now coming down to India, and the actor will start shooting in a day or two.

The film that also stars Amelia Jackson Gray, Reg Grant, Mehr Hassaan and Stephan M Singh, has got the actor all curious. “The unit was considering me for quite some time. I think after Delhi 6, new avenues opened up. I was in touch with the team via emails. The producer, who lives in LA, called me up to give me the good news.” Though Divya isn’t keen on divulging the details right now, she says, “The catchline of the film is Away from New York. The film is a combination of rustic America and India. I play a vivacious Punjabi girl in the flick.”

What worked in the actor’s favour, is that she can’t be typecast in a specific image. She has dabbled in serious cinema and comedy, and emerged a performer in both genres. “Monica and 21/5/1991 — The hunt for Rajiv Gandhi’s killers are some of the serious films that I’m doing, while there are four to five comedies lined up at the same time. One can’t stamp me either as a serious actor, or as a comic one,” she says thoughtfully. And dwelling on actors getting stereotyped in certain roles, Divya opines, “I guess, every human being has two sides to him/her and I’m no different. There are times when I’m in a serious mood, while at other times, I’m all pepped up. These sides of mine get reflected in the films that I do.”

But when it comes to international projects, it’s the screen time that has always been under the scanner (does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s role in Pink Panther 2 ring a bell?). Divya smiles as she gives one a peek into her choosy side. “Hissss, which is my international debut opposite Irrfan, has me extracting my pound of flesh from the film. I can’t help being choosy. Like many others, I wouldn’t say that the length of the role doesn’t matter to me. It does, and

I choose a role on the basis of many parameters; screen time being one of them. In Heart Land, I play an endearing role, which is anything but blink-and-miss,” the actor quips. Here’s hoping that the engaging actor ends up winning many more hearts with this film.

0 comments:

 

Information of life Auto Insurance Donation and Attorney Copyright © 2008